Hardware Engineer, Information Technology , Network Adminstration, Network Engineer, Project Manager, Support, Technical Architect
£40,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
+ Bonus and Excellent Bens
We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT support sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Systems Engineer / System Administrator/ 3rd Line Support Analyst to join a managed services provider, specialising in virtual private cloud solutions and public cloud solutions.
There will also be excellent career progression opportunities to become the IT Manager in the near future.
Systems Engineer / System Administrator/ 3rd Line Support Analyst’s Core Duties
Responsible for the UK/EU customer backend infrastructure, providing a point of contact for escalations from our 1st / 2nd line teams, which currently support approx. 300 users. Duties will include some project work, mainly research/design/implementation of solutions for their customers.
In order to be suitable for this position you must have proven experience working in a Systems Engineer, Windows/Linux Systems Administrator, 3rd Line Engineer or similar role covering server, network and application support/administration and experience implementing solutions as well as maintaining them. It is essential to have a broad technical skill set including Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, Hyper-V or VMware, Active Directory, Exchange 2016/2019 SAN/NAS, TCP/IP, switch and firewall administration (ideally Cisco Catalyst/ASA/FTD).
Systems Engineer / System Administrator/ 3rd Line Support Analyst’s Skills
- Good all-round experience of multiple infrastructure technologies
- Advanced Microsoft Server skills, VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V including build & administration
- Microsoft Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP, DFS, RDS support
- Some scripting experience PowerShell, VBScript, Bash etc.
- VEEAM Backup and Replication knowledge
- Monitoring of infrastructure using Nagios, SolarWinds or similar
- Networking experience TCP/IP, VLAN configuration
- MS SQL Server administration knowledge (not essential)
- Linux system administration on RHEL/CentOS/Debian (basic knowledge)
- Undertake new project work, research and design solutions
- Building, maintaining servers - virtual and physical
- Good customer awareness, ability to manage customer expectations
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and ability to follow process
- Perform day-to-day SAN/NAS support, maintenance and configuration
Systems Engineer / System Administrator/ 3rd Line Support Analyst ESSENTIAL Requirements
- OS: Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 (AD, IIS, DNS, DHCP, DFS, RDS, Failover Cluster)
- Virtualisation platform: VMware vSphere/Microsoft Hyper-V
- Messaging: Exchange 2013/2016/2019
- Microsoft O365 management and migration
- TCP/IP: switch/firewall network administration
- SAN/NAS: iSCSI/DAS/CIFS/NFS
- Backup/DR: VEEAM, Zerto or similar
- VMware certified: VCP 6
Systems Engineer / System Administrator/ 3rd Line Support Analyst’s (advantageous) Skills
- Linux systems: RHEL/CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu
- VEEAM certified: VMCE 9
- DevOps: Puppet/Chef/Ansible
- Vendor certified: Microsoft MCSA or MCSE, Cisco CCNA
- Ubiquiti Networks - Unifi
Are you enthusiastic about the Systems Engineer / System Administrator/ 3rd Line Support Analyst’s job? Send us your CV in word format today