We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the educationsector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Registrar to join our client in the City of London.
The main purpose of this role is to take strategic responsibility for pupil recruitment within guidelines by Governors and the Head. You will work with the Head to produce a strategic plan for Admissions, to be reviewed and updated annually.
You will actively promote the school developing new opportunities for promoting it through events, advertising, feeder schools etc as well as oversee recruitment strategies for the school with measured and costed plans for delivering targets.
Registrar’s Core Duties
- Plan and implement events associated with admissions, including open afternoons, entrance examination days, interview arrangements and familiarisation events, ensuring that safeguarding protocols are adhered to and that up-to-date information about visiting families is available to the Head and other senior staff prior to the visit, and speak as required on the admissions process at any appropriate event
- To put in place a programme for systematically reviewing and developing all aspects of the School’s admissions policy and procedures, monitoring the results of all admissions activities and employing appropriate methods to measure their effectiveness
- Analyse admissions data to explore trends and to inform decisions on offers and numbers
- Draw up budget proposals each year in conjunction with the Bursar and Finance Manager, allocating resource appropriately and managing the agreed budget effectively
- Build strong relationships and raise our profile with prep/feeder schools through personal contact, visits, correspondence and events. To maintain regular and personal contact utilising our database to keep track of all contact with and attend events as appropriate
- Research and establish contact with new feeder schools, including Head to Head contact to establish relations
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy, to be reviewed and updated annually, and informed by strong and continually updated knowledge of competitor schools and the profile of prospective parents
- Lead on all administrative aspects of the admission of new pupils, ensuring that enquiries, visits and registrations are administered, reported on, and followed up effectively, regularly and accurately
- Responsibility for organising new starters before the start of the new academic year e.g. liaising with staff about new intake (particularly SEN pupils) organising welcome events, responsibility for the travel buddy system and allocating classes etc.
- Actively seek to implement the City of London’s Occupational Health and Safety Policy as well as the Equal Opportunity Policy
Registrar’s Skills required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Ability to lead and co-ordinate staff and processes
- Strong planning and strategic skills, including clear knowledge of admissions policy and practice in a school environment and the ability to develop and improve these
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly proficient ICT capability and numeracy and statistical skills
- Systematic with approach to tasks, with attention to detail
Registrar’s Key Experience
- Proven track record in admissions or marketing in a school or similar environment
- Previous experience of working with school databases, desirable
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today