We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the legal sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Paralegal with at least 6 months experience in Conveyancing to join a highly professional and successful law firm based in Colchester.
Paralegal’s (Conveyancing) Core Duties
- Assisting the Solicitor supervising you in the securitisation team with specific tasks allocated on his/her files to include: identifying Titles, obtaining Official Copy Entries and Office Copy Documents from the Land Registry Link, carrying out Searches, obtaining items from Local Authorities, chasing for outstanding items, carrying out pre-completion Land Registry Searches and dealing with post-completion matters
- Providing the Solicitor supervising you with progress reports as and when required
- Assisting with the organising and maintaining of the Solicitor’s tidy and accurate files electronically
- Providing cover and support to the other paralegals within the team as and when required and assisting on securitisation matters
- Meeting targets that may be set from time to time
- Following department procedures, the Solicitor’s accounts rules and the Firm’s policies and
- procedures as detailed in the Office Manual
Undertaking such duties and tasks that are appropriate for the role of Paralegal such as
Paralegal’s (Conveyancing) Skills Required
- Possess good drafting skills.
- Conduct effective legal research.
- Competent in all MS applications, to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Possess a strong customer service ethic with the ability to empathise with clients.
- Excellent administration skills, organisation and attention to detail.
- 2:1 degree or equivalent in Law (or appropriate conversion).
- Successful completion of the LPC or studying the LPC part time.
- Studying CILEx.
- Knowledge of DMS (Document Management System
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today