We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Legalsector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Legal & Regulatory Counsel to join highly successful telecommunications firm based in Shoreditch, London.
The Legal & Regulatory Counsel is responsible to support the Company’s projects and provide legal and regulatory advice on current and upcoming services that the Company wishes to provide.
The role is diverse and challenging, covering multiple legal and regulatory issues in telecommunications and voice over IP market. You will also provide support to the Regulatory Officers for more complex issues and supporting contract negotiation.
Legal & Regulatory Counsel’ Core Duties
- Provide expert advice on specific and complex matters in regards to telecommunications, Voice over IP regulatory framework in countries of coverage and/or countries of interest;
- As the case may be, provide senior assistance to the Regulatory Officers on strategic negotiations, on regulatory framework reviews and, as the case may be, on operational impact on current services due to legal and regulatory changes;
- Identify legal requirements to ensure compliance and provide practical advise internally to impacted business units;
- Develop and maintain relationships with national regulatory authorities.
- Ensure that all aspects of the project are analysed on the legal and regulatory aspects, and request inputs as appropriate
- Advise the business units on legal implications of various regulatory obligations and provide legal support in any ad hoc projects or activities that have a legal/regulatory impact on the company;
- As the case may be, takes the lead as Project manager for regulatory project from A to Z and implement a compliance project
- Oversee internal implementation of legal and regulatory requirements in regards to specific project or Develop short and long-term strategies to manage regulatory challenges in regards to a specific project.
- Perform any duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Head of Legal & Regulatory Affairs from time to time
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing contractual agreement relating to commercial matters, insurance, corporate and other business activities, including reviewing and negotiating on legal documentation to support business goals;
Legal & Regulatory Counsel’s Skills required
- Master degree in law, a major in telecommunication law or business law is a strong asset
- Minimum 3 to 5 year’s experiences in an international law firm or the legal department of a multinational company
- Excellent knowledge of telecommunication laws (UK, Ireland is an asset)
- Regulatory knowledge and experience in the voice and SMS outbound termination services
- Regulatory knowledge and experience in regard to numbering management issues
- Good knowledge of international commercial contract law and business law
- Knowledge of UK/Belgium law is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of European telecommunication law is an asset
- Keen interest for legal and regulatory work in the telco sphere and voice over IP sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Strong work ethic proving reliability and commitment
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today