We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Charity sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Fundraising Manager to join a very worthwhile charity that provides food aid to children and families around the world.
The position can either be based at one of their offices or from Home
- To develop and implement fundraising strategies and oversee fundraising programs and events
- To effectively create fundraising goals and successfully raise funds to meet these goals.
- Identify new donors and organise initiatives to raise funding.
- Developing major gift opportunities and writing grant proposals.
- Organising events across the UK
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteers
Fundraising Manager’s Core Duties
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organisation.
- Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with key staff and the Board of Trustees.
- Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals, major gifts, corporates, community (including schools and mosques), events, trusts/foundations and other grant-makers, with appropriate priorities.
Event and Volunteer Engagement
- Planning and organising fundraising events across the UK.
- Overseeing the process of recruiting, training and managing fundraising volunteers.
- Strategic Planning
- Play a crucial role in shaping the future direction and growth of the charity, through input into board meetings and the organisational strategic plan.
- Take ownership of organisational growth and funding, reporting to the CEO and Board of Trustees on progress against fundraising targets at quarterly meetings.
Financial Oversight and Reporting
- Lead communication with key donors and funders with the aim of cultivating, growing and sustaining long-term funding and collaboration.
- Ensure reporting to funders is accurate, transparent and timely.
- Liaise with the CEO and Relationship Manager to ensure realistic fundraising targets and coordinating timely access to funds from supporters
- Research opportunities for new events.
Fundraising Manager’s Key Experience
- University Degree (min 2:2)
- Excellent project management skills (essential)
- Previous experience of securing funding for charitable or NGO activities from a variety of funding streams (desirable).
- Previous experience of event management. (desirable).
- Previous experience of volunteer management. (desirable)
- An understanding of the international poverty relief and issues in Asia and Africa (desirable)
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational abilities.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently to agreed goals and targets and take ownership of the overall fundraising programme of the organisation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small close-knit team.
- Sensitivity to differences in culture and nationality with the ability to work closely with colleagues and volunteers.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances and needs of the role, including flexibility in working hours.
- Able to work under pressure, meeting key project and reporting deadlines.