We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the publishing sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an Editorial Assistant to work for our client based in West Kensington.
You will report to the Managing Editor and take responsibility for the running of launched partwork titles, and in the research, creation and development of new titles up to and including test launches working alongside the Managing Editor and Design Manager.
You will be working with licensors, agents, digital developers, as well as editorial, design, production, sales and marketing colleagues in a fast-moving environment.
Editorial Assistant’s Core Duties
- To assist with running projects, highlighting any issues to the Managing Editor if necessary
- Updating on running titles to internal colleagues and working on extension solutions with the Managing Editor
- Liaising directly with packagers, licensors and any third parties related to running projects and new developments
- Assisting the approval process for the running titles, including uploading issues to licensors’ online approval sites, dealing with licensors’ feedback and ensuring that any changes required are made; being the final eyes for sign-off
- Proof-reading titles - both the running projects plus new development/test titles
- Working with the Managing Editor and Design Manager, assisting with the research and development of new titles
- Carrying out background research as required, visit museums, trade shows etc
- Looking after invoices, getting them signed off and passing to accounts
- Working with the Managing Editor and Design Manager to develop ideas for
cover-mounted gifts, subscription items and upselling development for projects
- Online and retail sample buying
- Working on digital versions of titles and related websites for projects, planning, writing blogs and Social Media content.
- Keeping trackers of approval stages for cover mounts magazines and Social Media content.
- Working collaboratively with all teams and associates, being respectful of others and attending any internal or external meetings as required
Editorial Assistant’s Skills required
- Excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to multi-task projects and prioritise own work under pressure
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel and experience and knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Enthusiasm and awareness of digital media
- Direct experience working in digital publishing
- Craft knowledge and experience
Editorial Assistant’s Key Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience in publishing or related industries at an Editorial Assistant/Writer/Sub-editor level
- An ability to demonstrate interest in products including craft and cookery
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today